Sunday, December 9, 2012

Four Down, One To Go


This will be a short post this week. 
____________________

My wife and I attend The Donelson Fellowship. We have been there a little over three years and we can both say, we wish we had found the church earlier. It is such a wonderful place to worship God and to be in a fellowship of believers. It is a place where we can invest ourselves; not simply attend, worship and be fed be the message, but be involved. 

One thing that drew us to the Fellowship, other than the messages from our pastor Robert Morgan, is the music and drama ministry. It is, well, it is special! Such gifted leadership and amazing vocal talent. We’ve been performing our Christmas musical this week, Two from Galilee. I have been a part of the musical, portraying the role of Joseph’s father, Jacob. It is such a privilege to be doing this. 

When I look back on my life in the theatre, I can truly say there have been some memorable moments. Even so, it is doing things in church, for my Lord, that brings the most fulfillment. What I’ve done apart from church was hopefully entertaining for the audience. What I do in church, I pray, is but a small part of something that is life-changing for someone.

So, this week there are four performances down and one to go. God has been glorified and through the message of music has drawn individuals to Himself. That is awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment