Monday, December 17, 2012

It Don't Come Easy


“It don’t come easy,
You know it don’t come easy.”

This is the opening of the song “It Don’t Come Easy”. Ringo Starr co-wrote the song with George Harrison and it was released as a single in April 1971. These next few paragraphs have nothing to do with the song. It does however make a nice title for what I want to write about; and that is writing.

Writing does not always come easy to me. It rarely does in fact. Writing in my journal is easy. It is for my eyes only. But this type of writing, writing that I intend to share with others, is a bit more difficult.  (I really wanted to say broader audience here, but since I haven’t one I felt the word ‘others’ would do).

I try to give some thought to a subject during week then usually wake up early on Saturday and will lie in bed thinking about what I’ll try to accomplish. I’ll then make coffee, pour a cup and walk upstairs. There are days when I’ll emerge in under an hour with a good first draft. Other times, I’ll labor for quite some time, take a break, then come back later to continue working.

Some of the things I have shared here I am pretty proud of. Others, I wish I had been better thought through or written. But these writings are what they are - better or worse.

As the year draws to a close I am reflective about this blog. It will continue and in fact, will continue as my primary outlet for sharing. My other blog will simply fade away with the conclusion of this year. I’ll write a farewell post, then, it will stay active only as long as it takes me to archive the contents. 
____________________

Due to the events that took place in Newtown, CT this past Friday, I suspended writing this post. I felt it better to spend time with my family and friends instead of sequestering myself in my office writing. Regular posting will resume next week. And I'll explore the difficulties of writing at some later time. 

Until then, create peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment